Wednesday 7 May 2014

04/05/14

28-04-14
Mon-AM 13.3km - 1:58:11 (1194m)
Public holiday Monday meant extra mileage. Chris and I went up India Venster from the Pipe Track parking lot. No better way to spend a public holiday. My hydration was pretty off and I got a little dehydrated. Dark urine aside, it was a fantastic run. Legs felt solid through the whole climb and run.

29-04-14
Tues-PM 9.2km - 53:10 (490m)
Took a run along the Signal Hill trail to the viewpoint overlooking Clifton beach. Table Bay and the Atlantic Seaboard were covered by a cloudbank so it was pretty cool to spend some time running above the cloud line.

30-04-14
Wed-PM 7.6km - 44:02 (390m)
Ran the Signal Hill loop in reverse tonight and headed up through to the old noon gun battery. Slightly slower descent than usual to take care of a niggle I was feeling in my right calf.

01-05-14
Thurs-PM 11.3km - 1:07:26 (750m)
Another public holiday and another longer run. Signal Hill loop and added in a half summit of Lions Head (trail was incredibly busy so I didn't bother fighting the crowds to the summit). Not the best time I've done on this particular loop but in my defence my right calf felt like it had gotten worse from the evening before.

02-05-14
Fri-PM 5.2km - 36:35 (375m)
Took a trip up the new route that I found on Signal Hill. Didn't push hard at all. Used this run as a taper for Sunday's run. Both calves felt pretty tight.

03-05-14
Sat
No running today. Spent the day getting shit together for the Wings For Life World Run.

20-04-14
Sun-AM 33.2km - 2:37:12 (185m)
Wings For Life World Run with Chris and Sheldon. All road and horrid weather but we kept a good pace and had an awesome run. Pretty bummed that I couldn't do the full marathon distance. Super stiff legs afterwards (as expected). 

Total hours: 7:56:36
Total Mileage: 79.8km
Total Gain: 3384m

A pretty high mileage week (in comparison to the previous few) with some good distance runs as well as some good elevation gained. 

The Wings For Life World Run on Sunday was the definite highlight of the week, both for running and personally. It's nearly a week after the run and I'm still carrying the runners high from participating. hopefully next year more people will enter and get involved. 

In Durban seeing my family for the next week. Don't expect too much elevation but going to try get a couple of decent distance runs in.

Also, losing my mind because of Transvulcania this weekend. Cannot wait to see who takes it. Sage, Timmy and DBo are going to give it their all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment